A Word on Discouragement in Painting
"Golden Roses" detail, watercolour by Angela Fehr
We are all in this together!
Paint for joy.
20 Reasons to Paint Today:
- Paint to savour that urge to create, to pull away from the distractions and noise of life and look inward.
- Paint to speak in colour and line.
- Paint to play!
- Paint to tell a story, or crack a joke.
- Paint to say, "I saw something I want to remember."
- Paint to say, "I was here!
- Paint to remember a moment in time.
- Paint your moods.
- Paint to enjoy a solitary moment.
- Paint so you can say, "When I was in my studio last night..."
- Paint to recharge after a busy day.
- Paint to start your day with creativity!
- Paint because the paint feels so juicy flowing off the brush.
- Paint because paper's purpose is to be filled, not left blank.
- Paint to see what you would say if your heart was doing all the talking.
- Paint to keep from biting your nails or eating all the chocolate.
- Paint because housework can wait for another time.
- Paint your favourite song...and don't forget to dance!
- Paint to silence the critics who tell you you can't.
- Paint to see more deeply into the world.
This is a reprint of an email sent to my watercolour students. After the flood of emails that followed, I had to share it here on my web site as well. I'm so glad it resonated with my readers; it's good to know we're not alone in this struggle! Subscribe to my mailing list here.